Editing and Proofreading FREEBIE

Freebie Fridays



I am working on proofreading skills using the Daily Language Review from Evan-Moor with my Learning Strategies class.  One of my students seems to begin the independent work just fine but gets lost in the details. 

So, first I began by ensuring the skills we go over are on anchor charts.  Things like homophones, parts of speech, and using quotation marks (which I wish I had pictures of - this is something I am working on for this new year~!).

Then, this weekend, I made him this checklist:





I'll be putting it to use this week with all my students in this class, so we'll see how it goes!  And you can only get it for free HERE.

Thanks & Enjoy!



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

4 comments

  1. Love the cute graphic. I use a similar acronym: CUPS. The "U" stands for usage of words. I wrote mine on large, colored chart paper and cut around it in the shape of a cup. Yours is WAY cuter! Thanks for sharing!

    Angela
    http://teachersdesk6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute checklist! My Manic Monday freebie also has to do with revising and editing (CUPS and ARMS). Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! Love it! I will going to create also my personalize checklist! That will surely appealing to my students. This is great motivation for my students to professional proofreading their papers. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)