Five For Friday - Lucky the Therapy Dog!



FIRST...
Lucky came to visit this past Tuesday.  She was such a gentle and calm girl!  Her life lessons are ones we will work on all year long. See more about that Here.  We heard her book and now are poised to begin our Therapy Dog program!





SECOND...
As part of my quest to get my students' behavior back on track, I am using the theme of "You are the captain of your own ship".  We are talking about:
-What kind of ship you want 
-How you get that ship
-Who comes on the boat and who stays on shore
-Where you are going on the ship





THIRD...

I have begun the Great Pencil Challenge!




FOURTH...
New classroom mantra:  You Get What You Give.  Yes, it's a song by the New Radicals, but you need to know they use the "d" word (which is barely noticeable and the "a" word that is very noticeable so I play the "Glee" version - remember I teach Middle School. ) I think my students might respond even more to this if I made a video and a poster about it so that's my weekend homework.  :)



FIFTH...
We are working on narrative writing and soon we will be writing our own stories independently.  I found this great "infographic" that describes the writing process.


I think this will come in very handy - we'll see!

That's all for now!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky looks adorable! She reminds me of my labradoodle, Emmitt. The pencil challenge is something I should definitely try. I swear my students must eat the pencils! I have to open up a new box of pencils every day!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just talking about dog therapy at school yesterday. I would love to do this with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely rewarding - my toughest kid really connected with my dog and it has honestly made a difference in his behavior. All you need is a dog, time and will to train, and a therapy organization! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)