Five for Friday



Boy, the past 2 weeks has been one big roller coaster!

First

I wanted to begin the new year with a positive message about goals, so we read Superdog and made this neat foldable.


That was good - I got some quality, honest discussion out of my students about what they want to become and their plans to get there.  


I'm not sure if you can see it, but the last step on this one was "get my diploma" which is coming from my student who just got out of jail.  That encouraged me even though since his return, all of my students have been posturing for pecking order.  THAT has been wearing me out!  

So....  SECOND

I came up with a plan.


I asked the students what they would like to work for AS A CLASS.  I wrote down all their ideas and then explained for every positive thing they did, I would add a fuzzy and when there were unkind things said, then I would remove a fuzzy.  When we fill the bucket, we have earned the reward.


Now, that that's settled.... THIRD


We pulled out some mentor sentences from Superdog!  We did this one together and then I had 2 groups work on 2 others for a twist.



FOURTH

We have been working on dialogue and I found this neat activity:


You list a - z down the side of the paper and try to think of another word for said that begins with each letter of the alphabet.  Nice resource to keep in the interactive notebook!

FIFTH


We will be having a visit from Lucky the Therapy Dog on Tuesday and we read this book.  It is perfect for my class is going through:

"And then at night, look in the mirror and say, 'What good have I done with my hands today?  Have I helped or hurt people along the way?  Have I used right actions to make their day?"

And with that, I hope your week has been a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)