Tried It Tuesday - Infographic

I am happy to be linking up this week with Holly for Tried It Tuesday!

http://fourthgradeflipper.blogspot.com/2014/02/tried-it-tuesday-folktales.html
This week my students and are planning a short story as a class to prepare for the Embedded Assessment next week.  
Our textbook is called SpringBoard and it lays out all the steps in black and white but tends to be a bit overwhelming for my Special Needs students.  So I decided to make this: 


https://s3.amazonaws.com/easel.ly/all_easels/294289/walkwayshortstory2/image.jpg


It was made using easel.ly which was super easy to work with.  

I had first tried piktochart but easel.ly has a lot more free templates to choose from than piktochart.  Plus easel.ly has more options for graphics and placement of text.  It just seemed much more user friendly.  I made this chart in about 1/2 an hour. 

Now throughout this week and next, I will display it as our "checklist" for our short stories.  I may also even print it out so the students can have a copy at their desks.  There are so many possibilities - it could also be used by students to create an assignment.  We'll see!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you'll drop me a line to let me know you were here. :)


5 comments

  1. I am going to have to check easel.ly out. It looks like something I could use.
    Thanks,
    Barbara
    Fourth and Goal in Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of easel.ly! Your graphic came out amazing! Heading over there to play! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that looks pretty nifty! I will definitely need to be trying this out...or have my students trying it out. They love being introduced to new tech pieces that they can use in the classroom. Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many anchor charts I could make using this? My OCD hates when my writing is crooked, and I am no artist. I'm gonna have to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I've never heard of it but think it would be great for anchor charts too! Thanks for linking up. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)