Sparking Motivation for the Big Test


I am super excited to link up this week with Joanne at Head over Heels for Teaching because I have something big to share with you as I too am ending Spring Break and getting ready for our state's BIG TEST in just 10 days!!

I got this big idea last year at this same time.  It's all about looking at the test as if it were a championship.  Were the basketball players in the Sweet Sixteen upset at having to play?  Of course not!  This is what they have been preparing for all along!  It should be the same for our students.  

So when I told the students this story last year, it wasn't written down - it was more of a talk - but it really resonated with them.  Then I thought, why not make this into a book?  So I did!!  


It's a story with study tips, vocabulary using some of the most interesting word choices from the story, comprehension and reading skills questions, mentor sentence plans for a sentence from the story, and even a reading skills quick reference guide WITH a foldable!

Preview it here:



To celebrate the completion of this big project, enter to win a pdf copy here!


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Combine this with some great test treats and hopefully all our students will be thinking like champions!!   
Thanks for stopping by and good luck!  

2 comments:

  1. We just keep practicing with test format. I ask THEM what skills they need to review because sometimes, they didn't quite get what I thought they did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)