It's Monday: What are you reading with a freebie!

Yes, we are in testing mode and will be for the next few weeks, but in between tests, I will likely get a chance to actually have a class or two with my students.  It is during that time that we will be reading Catching Fire - the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. 

My special needs class read the first book last year (with the audio CD and my guidance) and actually asked if we could read the second one!  Yes, they actually ASKED to read!  :)

Must-Read Monday Linky

So I am re-reading the book and have prepared a simple preview for my kids.

First, a synopsis of the first book (to refresh our memories) -  The Hunger Games:




Then we will use this anticipation guide: 






You can have one too - just click on the image above.  :)

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
I'm hoping we will all thoroughly enjoy the book together!  

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun freebie! It's above my grade level, but man I wish I had had you as a teacher back in the day. Thanks for sharing!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead
    PS: Love your last name - my mom's maiden name was Spang. One of my favorite spelling errors from my second graders was when they were trying to write "sprain" and came out with "spang".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Even some of my 5th graders love this series. Love to hear that your kids are asking to read!!! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely guide to Catching Fire. My 12 year old girl absolutely loves this series - she has only read the first book but watched all two movies. Perhaps this year, she'd get to picking up the rest of the novels once she's done with Harry Potter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)