Positive Thinking with Five for Friday

I am a bit tardy to the party for Positive Thinking Thursday, but am still excited about it and I wanted to wrap up my week so here I am and I hope you'll indulge me.  :)








I found this on author Patricia Polacco's Facebook Page:

"Believe you can and you're half way there" - Theodore Roosevelt.





I found a new way to keep track of my students' behavior points - links on a chain!  At the end of the period, if they have 8 or 9 out of 10 points, they can earn 1 brag buck (to be spent in the school cafeteria) or 1 link.  They can save up their links for various rewards they picked, such as lunch in the classroom.  They love seeing their links on the wall!






Next week starts our state testing and I have to move rooms so I am packing my essentials.  I hope I don't forget anything...I so wish I had one of those crate carts now! 



We wrapped up figurative language with a game of ZAP and then a test.  The test mirrors the style of questions they will see on the state test so fingers crossed that they will do well on both!!



And now for something fairly random but a highlight of my week:  I received this note in my lunchbox from my son yesterday....







4 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet note from your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that note from your son! Too cute! That is one thing I love about having my son at my school - I sometimes get cute notes on the desk or board from him :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The note from your son is so precious!! I just love memories like that -- he is quite the mathematician!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I found you on bloglovin and I've nominated you for a Liebster award. Find the info at http://oneteachersadventures.blogspot.ca/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)