Finally back to "normal"!


Hallelujah!  Testing is over!  Now we can get back to "normal" - well as normal as we can be with 4 weeks to go!

We will be working to finish up reading Catching Fire in 3 weeks - with the last week (which is 3 days only) to wrap up the book and year!  

The critical information for this book is understanding plot events, summarizing and theme.  And so our assessment will be creating theme posters.



You may have a free copy HERE

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

To help the students gather information for their posters, we are creating an anchor chart for theme.



You can see it's a work in progress with the first chart being a brainstorming chart.  Now we will collect quotes from the book to place under the proper headings.



I'll share an updated photo next week.  :)



4 comments:

  1. My kids would LOVE it if I would read this book with them! Alas, I haven't jumped into the Hunger Games yet. We are doing some fun writing and craftivity projects while reading persuasive articles... definitely not as fun as your choice:)

    Have a great week,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with being done with testing! I loved the book Catching Fire and I'm sure your students will enjoy making the poster. Good luck!
    Love Teaching Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students will have so much fun creating their theme posters!! What a fun assessment! I love the brainstorming chart, and how you are having students collect quotes from the book to support their understanding of the themes in this book! Thank you so much for linking up! I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick...theme. I don't like teaching that. You would think it would be easy, but my 4th graders never get it.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)