Organizing Me

So after I had admitted what an organizational nightmare I am, I saw an article in Instructor magazine about organizing and then even my husband got in on it by finding me bins!  So....I decided it's time to get going on this organization thing!
  I have even been to IKEA and found some neat little containers and such to get going on this new adventure!  

Since this is a kind of a new thing for me to try, I decided to share it with Tried it Tuesday at Fourth Grade Flipper.



The lovely Alison at Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin' told me anything before the year 2000 has got to go.  I thought that was a good place to start.

This is what I have accomplished as of today:

Out with the old....




In with the new...


Looks pretty good if I do say so myself and honestly, it feels good to be better organized.  

I still have more to do - 20 years of hoarding collecting teaching materials takes time to sort through!

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. I believe every teacher is a hoarder to some degree! When I transitioned from the classroom to the library, I had a hard time letting go of all the social studies materials I had collected. Finally I cleaned out the last cabinet a couple weeks ago. I had stuff from the early 90's.
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new containers! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! It looks AWESOME! I knew you would feel better after getting rid of stuff from before 2000!
    I just went through 60 years worth of papers, pictures, clothing, etc. at my grandmother's house. I'm on my way home from Georgia and if I'm not too tired tomorrow, I will be going through my house and classroom next.
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I dumped a lot of stuff since I'm moving classrooms this year, but I'm going through that with my house! My goal is to have my home clean and organized by the time my parents show up the 22nd of June. Ambitious goal but we'll see how far I get.
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED to do this over my summer break too! My shelves are so full of things that I don't even know what I have! Thank you for the inspiration. Your start looks great!! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a special education teacher, also in middle school, and i can totally relate to the hoarding thing. I have been getting rid of a ton of stuff with no regrets. But now i have to thin the books in my room and that will be very very difficult for me because I love books. But I teach everything since I am a self-contained teacher and with only 6 students currently (I teach students with autism), how many books do I realistically need? Your pictures look fabulous, keep up the good work and have a fabulous summer!
    www.anautismconnection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)