Positive Thinking Thursday


We have been out of school for almost a week now and I am kicking around the idea of having a "pro" or "champion" theme in my room next year so that's where my quote comes in:


"Be a Pro.
Act like a Champion.
Respond to Adversity: Don't React.
Be on time.  Being late means either it's not important to you or you can't be relied upon.
Execute.  Do what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to do it.  Not almost.  All the way.  Not most of the time.  All of the time.
Take ownership.  Whatever it takes.  No excuses, no explanations."






These were Mr. Dungy's "rules" for his team.  I have actually read this book and it is powerful for the kinds of kids I work with.  Perhaps I should read it to them?  Or maybe just draw out the best parts?  I know his rules would be great for my team too.  Perhaps these should be our classroom rules next year.  Wouldn't it be great if I could find someone this summer to come in on the first day and talk about these types of things?  I wonder who I could get...stay tuned and we'll see!


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment

  1. I love the idea of a champion theme! The quotes are great. I especially like "All the way. All the time."

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)