Five For Friday with a FREEBIE! {8.8.14}



Freebie Fridays



My summer is nearly over!!  For my district, teachers go back to school on Monday.  I have mixed emotions because I do enjoy what I do at school, but I will sincerely miss the unscheduled days of summer!  



As of right now, I will be teaching a Special Needs Language Arts as well as a "Regular" 8th grade Language Arts.  I am excited to have the opportunity to teach both these levels!



This year I have decided to put it "out there" right away to my middle school students that our long-term goal this year is to learn how to be the best WRITERS we can be.  Of course, they will want to know why...as in "Why does it matter if I can write well?"  Well here's the answer:




I think this might also be pretty neat to share with my students to share why authors become authors.  It might be a great springboard for students to think about why they want to be what they want to be.



FREEBIE!  

Here is the assessment that mirrors the questions found in my reading comprehension games for The View From Saturday


Click {Here} to be taken to the freebie!  :)



In Florida, where I teach, we are given money to spend on school supplies.  So I finally broke down and bought a "teacher's toolkit" and will be making labels very soon that I found for free on TpT.  This is all in an effort to be better organized!  
(Organization is my nemesis.)







There is going to be a big Back to School Sale on Teacher's Notebook from August 9-12.  All of my products will be 20% off + the extra 10% from Teacher's Notebook!



You might be interested in my two biggest Back to School products:




The first week plans include 5 days of plans that include community building, going over rules, getting to know each other and understanding group dynamics.

The ice breakers are a list of 10 or so ideas to get your year started and it includes a "big kid" all about me activity!

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments

  1. I love that "why we write" - such an important message to share with students! I am pinning it so I can remember it later :)
    That reminds me of a John Green (author of The Fault in Our Stars!) crash course I saw on YouTube - "Why We Read". Here is the link if you want to check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSYw502dJNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to head over to your store for the middle school ice breakers!!! That's something I need to get because all of my ice breakers I used in elementary are probably too cheesy for middle school. lol I need to get a tool kit, too. That WAS on my to-do list, but I'm not sure if I will get to it now! :)
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'Why We Write' quote is really awesome. I'm so excited to hear about this writing journey that you will take this year, especially with putting it out there from the beginning. Be sure to share with us! Have a great weekend.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)