Five For Friday {10.3.14}



Thank you to Doodle Bugs Teaching for this linky party!
Be sure to stop by and join the fun!










My "Trick" that I learned this week that I would like to share is:

Remind!


It's a FREE app/service that allows you to text your parents without entering phone numbers - even yours!  

I love this app because I can send little reminders like "Homework due tomorrow" and I know they get it almost instantly - no hoping they check their e-mail!

Check out their website - www.remind.com
(And no, I was not asked to do this or paid to share - this is just my opinion.)



So as you may know, I am a middle school teacher.  For the past 5 years I have been officially a special needs teacher, but am certified in Elementary Education, English 6-12, ESOL K-12, and Exceptional Education K-12 so I can teach a variety of things.  

This year, I was asked to "temporarily" teach 2 classes of  regular 8th grade ELA because we have more students than we expected.  I agreed (because I love ELA!) but the new teacher we hired is better suited for working with our toughest kids so I am staying with the ELA classes.  I am just glad to have it finally settled so I can FOCUS!


The Springboard by the College Board is our textbook.  Anyone else use this book? 




So now that I know what I'm doing, I am ready to implement lots of great things I have been collecting!  First up - 


We had our first practice writing assessment - and it was hard!  We definitely have a lot of work to do and I think this will help us.  

If any of you have any ideas of how to best implement this, I welcome your ideas!  :)





Last up is a personal item - this is my "baby" who just turned 11.  He's playing Pop Warner Football for the first time this season and I am a proud Mama.  :)




Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments

  1. I'm going to have to look into that Remind Me App! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Too many great ideas to pick just one to love on! Your baby is so cute :) I hope he loves every minute of the season!

    Jennifer
    Teaching with Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)