Five For Friday - Halloween Freebies!




I am so glad it's Friday!  That means a break and some fun with this linky!


First Freebie:


This is a cute little "lift-a-flap" spooky house with old, tired verbs on the doors and windows.  The idea is for partners to brainstorm more vivid verbs to write underneath.




Second Freebie:
With this activity, students color words different colors based on whether the word is connotative diction or denotative diction.




Do you Moodle?

Our school has decided that we need to use Moodle, a sort of Edmodo, to use to mimic online testing as much as possible.  With all our state and local tests now being on the computer this seems like a good idea, but I only have 4 computers in my room and no other tech.  So then they said, use the labs.  Ok, but now they have closed the labs for about 3 weeks due to local testing.  

Sigh.




Believe it or not, we have reached the end of the first marking period.  I am thinking about making some adjustments based on what I now know about my students and using some Whole Brain Teaching Methods - specifically the Scoreboard and the Super Improvers.  I would love any and all comments and/or recommended products related to this!  :)

  



Lastly, I have finally joined the Instagram world. :) 
I am still trying to get a feel for it, but it sure is fun to look at everyone's pictures and get quick ideas.  I'm not quite sure how to use it in connection with my blog yet though.  I'll just keep learning.

Well, that's all for now - thanks for stopping by!



I linked my freebies with:
Freebie Fridays




1 comment:

  1. I downloaded your Vivid Verbs activity and am planning on using it this week! LOOKS GREAT! The Scoreboard for WBT works REALLY, REALLY well with my sixers... not so much with my fifth graders. Go figure! My sixers play for assigned seats vs. seats they choose... so simple, VERY effective! Welcome to IG; it's loads of fun and QUICK and EASY!

    Have a great week,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)