Positive Thinking Thursday {10.9.14}


This is one of my favorite linkys because I can always use some positive thoughts!
Today marks the two year anniversary of my Dad's sudden passing.  I think about him just about every day and miss him terribly.  I try to mark this day in a positive way by doing something that my Dad loved and shared with me (and the rest of our family).  He would frequently stop by the bakery and bring us all home some kind of luscious dessert.  So I am going to do that today.
I also find myself saying a lot of the things my Dad used to say to my own students.  Here is one that is fitting:

I try to live by this and today I will do my best with what I have.


Me and my Dad circa 1988




Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments

  1. I agree that that is a really important message to teach the children. Must promote that more in my classroom!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for the quote. We have to remind ourselves of that as teachers, as well.

    intransition678.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you and it is indeed a really important message I frequently use when talking to other teachers who might moan about the standard of reading, writing or learning their times tables their SpEd students might be achieving. But if these students are giving 100% of their best how many other students in their classes are doing the same I ask? That's where comparisons should be - not grades.
    Your post also reminded me of a forgotten memory of my father coming through the door when we were young with the occasional bag of chocolate mis-shapes to share - we were always so excited by this treat :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to remember your dad! I'm so happy that you shared this post on TBT; it's a great message for all of us!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)