Anchors Away with Logos & Pathos


Today I am linking up with Deb at Crafting Connections for


We have been working on close reading of Argumentation texts.  With that, we have been focused on diffusing vocabulary, using the ACE method to write short answers and thanks to Darlene at ELA Buffet, we are using RACES for longer answers.

As part of our quest, we have been learning that argumentation authors use various persuasive appeals.  The two that we have focused on are logos and pathos.

I made this anchor chart to help us remember which is which:


Living in Florida, we hear a lot about the sun and sun protection so I thought this would be pretty relevant for the students.

This week the students will be creating their own project to compare/contrast the appeals in the two texts we have been studying in our SpringBoard textbooks.  If you are interested in that, I'd be happy to share the projects and the rubrics - just let me know.  :)

Not very holiday-y but this is what we must do.  I will at least play some lovely holiday music in the background while we work!

Before I go, I want to wish my Granny a Happy Birthday!  
Today she is 101!


This was taken last year on her 100th Birthday - I so wish I could be there today, but alas, she lives in NY and I am in FL.  I will, however, try to get my Uncle to Facetime for us.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. I love how you found examples of "the importance of using sunscreen" logos and pathos to put on your anchor chart! What a great idea! Happy Birthday to your grandma, too! Wow... she looks GREAT! I'd never guess her to be even near 100! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)