TpT Seller Challenge Week 2: Dare to Dream


I am "all in" with the TpT Seller Challenge that is sponsored by Teach Create Motivate, Third in Hollywood, Peppy Zesty Teacherista, and Sparkling in Second.


This week is all about my goals for my TpT store.  When I first started this journey, I just wanted some extra money so that things weren't so tight and so that our boys could participate in extra sports activities without us having to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Now with this challenge, I stopped and talked to my husband.  He's supporting me in going to Vegas because we have dreams of making this little store grow.  Why?



1.  Full-time TPT:

I have been teaching for 21 years now so I know my favorite parts of teaching are creating and implementing.  I would love to work for myself doing what I love - creating!  Plus I could make my own evaluation systems for myself and I can tell you that they'd have much more than numbers!

2.  Debt

Remember up above when I talked about robbing Peter to pay Paul?  Well, I still have a lot of paying back Peter to do.  That debt was mainly accrued when I left the public school system to teach in the private sector.  While I enjoyed it from a professional perspective, economically our ship was sinking.  That's when I went back to public school and not too long after, I began blogging and finding out the potential that TpT offered.  

3.  Retirement

Although I look young (ha!), I do have to think about retirement.  I have a state retirement with 15 years in the system and some pittance from the private school.  I know this is not enough.  When I get that debt down, then I can put more into this department and then use the rest for things like a bigger, nicer house where we can entertain or maybe traveling overseas with our boys.  
(I really want to see the world with them.)

Well, there you have it - my dreams for my little TpT store!  I am so ready for Vegas so I can put this plan to work!

Thanks for stopping by! 


15 comments:

  1. Financial freedom--ahh I bet it feels good! I hope to get there someday, too!

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    I was wondering why going to teach in private schools put you in such economic hardship.
    I hope your TpT continues to grow so you can make your dream come true!

    http://tweetsfromkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta! Private schools here pay so much less than public and do not include health insurance. It's a double whammy!

      Delete
  3. That would be wonderful to be able to do TPT full time!!! Even though I didn't include that on my dream list, that is my ultimate dream!! I love your comment about the evaluation system :)

    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great dreams. I hope you are able to achieve all of them and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful dreams! Down the road, I'd like to build this business for retirement too. I also teach middle school and while I love the kids and my job, there will come a day when I want the option to retire too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope those dreams come true! I have very similar dreams to yours! Although I am at the very very beginning of my TPT Seller journey...

    Take care,
    Amanda
    www.smartcookiesinkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck :)....I should have added retirement to my list also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friends always made fun of me when I was counting up towards retirement from year one- but it's important! I'm still a ways off, I'm in my 7th ish year of teaching but I want to make sure I plan ahead now while I don't have kids etc so I can be comfortable when the time comes. It's way more fun to spend the money now though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Full time TPT! Yes, that's a great goal. Freedom from debt is also important. I'm trying to make sure that I save for retirement while I'm young, so I don't have to stress over it when I'm ready to retire! Go get 'em lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't it be nice to create our own evaluation system?! Such a great goal!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Full time TpT would be AWESOME! Thank you for sharing your dreams with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you - I love the creating side of teaching. And oddly, looking at data, making cute tables. I was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be if I could just do that. Well, plus enjoying the kids. Don't feel old - we all have to start thinking about retirement, the sooner the better. That's on my list too.

    Teaching Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you in that I retired a couple of years ago. Well, I was FORCED to retire due to a medical illness - a mini-stroke. I did not want to stop teaching but I had to.

    Greg
    https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Louisiana-History-Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)