Top 3 Thanksgiving Pins for Middle School Classrooms!



I am getting my thankful on to Pawsatively Teaching and Inspired Owl's Corner for this month's Pick 3!

My Top 3 pins are the top 3 things one could do with a middle school class to celebrate Thanksgiving.


source
A Wall of Thanks!  
This is an easy one to do with middle schoolers and it's a nice way to start the conversation of being thankful.  Then...


You might choose to read a book like "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.  

source
This book would be a great way to get at the heart of Thanksgiving.  Or for a more mature middle school class, you could try O.Henry's "Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen".    

Either way, then you'll be ready to do some writing.

 


source
I like this because it's writing that students can be more personal about.   You might begin this writing time with "I wish my teacher and other people knew that I am thankful for..."  I'll bet you'll get some powerful results.  

Check out some other great pins and then link up your own!

4 comments:

  1. The Giving Tree is one of my favorites....love this idea!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thankful hand writing is a great way for students to express themselves. Pinning to use later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wall of thanks! Great pins! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Heather from Mrs. Renz’ Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pins for middle schoolers! We tend to forget that they are still kiddos too. I miss teaching seventh grade sometimes! Thank you for sharing and linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)