St. Patrick's Day Luck for Middle Schoolers!


So happy to join up for the monthly "Pick 3" linky with Pawsitively Teaching, Just Reed, and Inspired Owls' Corner!

This month, I am focusing on bringing a little luck 'o the Irish into my Middle School classes!






Source

This pin leads to a nice list of facts about St. Patrick's Day.  I like this because it helps to dispel the myths and "set the record straight."  In Middle School, my students are always searching for the truth.  It might be fun to play "2 truths and a lie" with these facts!



Source

This pin actually leads to THREE printables.  I thought they might be nice to hang up in the classroom for more "mature" decorations.  Plus, I can see these becoming part of a lesson on luck - as in "What makes someone lucky?"  

Maybe this question would be a nice lead-in for a read-aloud using one of the books from below:




Source

I love a good read aloud in middle school and the students love them too!  It's always fun to read a good story and picture books make some great anchors for practicing all kinds of reading skills!






5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love the idea for two truths and a lie! I think my second graders would love that too. Thank you for linking up and sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list of books. What a great reference! Thanks for linking up, Lisa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a good read aloud! That's the only time my students are all quiet:)
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello old blogging friend! So glad you shared the link to St. Patrick's Day facts. A few years ago, I got so tired of the kids just thinking "it's a day to pinch someone not wearing green" that I incorporated it into my lessons--and it's been a hit. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good collection, a great resource essay writers for inspiration. Several are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)