Study Smarter with Hide and Peek!


Middle School and High School Students can study better and more effectively for exams and for tests with this special idea called "Hide and Peek".  #howtostudy #study #teaching


If your students are like mine, they will INSIST that they studied and cannot begin to understand why their score on their test was low.  The beg and plead for extra credit or to re-take the test.

Student:  But I NEED an A!
Me:  What did you do to study?
Student:  I looked at my notes.
Me:  And what did you do when you looked at your notes?
Student:  Read them.
Me:  And then what?
Student:  ??????????

What I have come to understand is that students need help with learning how to study.

I learned how from my own father when I was in 4th grade and miserably failed a test on the Iroquois that I hid and that he later found out about (of course).

The study skill he taught me was what I call "Hide and Peek".


Step 1:  Look and Say

Look at the first piece of information and say it out loud until you think you will remember it without looking.

Step 2:  Hide and Say

Hide the information you were just saying out loud and try to say it without looking.

Step 3:  Peek

Check to see if you were right:
If the answer is "Yes", move on to the next piece of information.
If the answer is "No",  Repeat steps 1 and 2.



I used this method to graduate both high school and college - and even obtain my Master's degree in Education!

So I have finally put this into a video and you can watch as my own 8th-grade son takes you and your students through the process of using Hide and Peek to study with accompanying Pixanotes!



Thanks for stopping by!

Pin This Post for Later:

Don’t spend hours searching for that great idea you found.  Just pin this to your favorite classroom Pinterest board so you can quickly and easily come back when you are ready.  You’ll be glad you did!


Teach "Hide and Peek" to your Middle School and High School Students to help them study better and more effectively for tests and for exams!  #howtostudy #study #teaching