Imagery, Dialogue & Point of View


Looking for some lesson plans ideas for dialogue, imagery or point of view?  Then this post is for you! #middleschool #literarydevices



I just finished my lesson plans last night while my boys watched football.  We have a new "suggested" lesson plan template in our district and our principal is requiring 2 weeks of lesson plans to be posted at a time so....

We are using the SpringBoard books and are working on visual techniques with the summative assessment being an original hero's journey narrative.

At the end of last week, we read an excerpt from A Wrinkle in Time and took a look at imagery, dialogue and point of view.  This week we will expand on all three in addition to what the textbook says we need to do.


Imagery:

I found this neat anchor chart on Pinterest:



We'll record some great imagery from our excerpt on this foldable I made:


If you'd like a copy, it's my Free Resource Library.



Dialogue:

First, I am using this video from Learn Zillion (which if you haven't tried it, you might want to look it up - there's TONS of awesome FREE videos!)



Then I plan to use Lovin' Lit's "Hard and fast rules for dialogue" from:




Point of View

Last, but not least, we will put some good information on point of view into our notebooks.  This will segway nicely into different camera "points of view" that is in the textbook.

We already had a look at this poster to help us determine the point of view of the excerpt:  


Now we need to add some reference material into our interactive notebooks.  I am making some new things to help us USE point of view including these guided notes:


These notes give students 3 steps to finding and analyzing point of view in both fiction and nonfiction.  I think a nice anchor chart in the room would be a great addition.  Perhaps we'll see if we can squeeze that in!  Read this post to see it!  

So there are my plans to make our textbook more interesting!  I hope you found some of my plans helpful!


Thanks for stopping by!