Narrative Writing In Middle School






My week will be spent guiding my students through the writing process as they independently write their own short stories.  This is the culmination of at least 9 weeks worth of instruction using the SpringBoard curriculum.

Last week we planned a short story together as a class using an infographic I made and a picture from the book Tuesday.


I took this "map" and created a graphic organizer for them to use:

You can get a copy of this for free by clicking on the image above.  


Then, since this is meant to be an independent assessment of their learning, I gave each student 3 "Ask A Teacher" tickets.  This means they may ask me or the paraprofessional 3 questions and 3 questions only.

You can get a copy of this for free by clicking on the image above.

To help inspire the students, I am hanging little Valentine's goody bags across the front of the room. Each time a student demonstrates academic focus,  I am going to drop a little treat into his/her bag.




I plan to give the students their goodies on Friday after they have completed all the steps of the writing process.  This way we can celebrate our hard work and Valentine's Day at the same time!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!