Tried It Tuesday ~ Word Parts We Know




I love this linky with Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper because I always find some great ideas!

I was recently looking for ways to work with word parts as part of my learning strategies class and this came across my computer from Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings...




Let me tell you this has been a lifesaver!  It is so well organized and matches the standards perfectly!

First, there's the flashcards.  I post the definitions on an anchor chart (see below).  The students put the definitions on the back and draw a picture to help them remember the definition on the front.




After my students make their flashcards, we record their ideas on an anchor chart:


The next day is dictionary work with the included worksheet and finally there is an included test that not only covers the current week's word parts but the previous week's too! 

If you need to teach word parts, you will love this!  It is easy to implement and doesn't have to take a large amount of time.  Five word parts a week also make it easier for students to manage.  Plus, my special needs students thrive on routine and can count on the pattern used in this product.  

Thank you Mrs. Laffin!

I was not paid or compensated in any way for this "Tried it" - I honestly have just been so thankful for this that I wanted to share about it.

Thanks for stopping by!